F-Droid Client in Google Play Store

Can you upload this app( F-Droid) to Google play store. Because downloading app directly from internet do not give any guarantees.

1 Like

See here:

The first thing is that Google does not allow F-Droid to be in the store.
There are actually fewer guarantees if you download it from the Play Store, if I am correct, as Google now signs all apps or so they intended to do.

You just have to verify the PGP signature of the apk.
More info: Release Channels and Signing Keys | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository
https://forum.f-droid.org/t/trying-to-verify-the-f-droid-apk/13570/2

4 Likes

Did you ask Google to also host the Play app on F-Droid? It should be fair…

3 Likes

Thanks, i have lost public key and i wasn’t able to find them another time.

If i can correct something: in your link you advise to use gpg with a Linux system

as now, i suppose it’s better to use the second version (if installed) and replace $gpg by $gpg2

FAQ · Wiki · F-Droid / wiki · GitLab This?

the first method doesn’t works (for me) :

$ gpg2 --import admin@f-droid.org.asc
gpg: impossible d'ouvrir « admin@f-droid.org.asc » : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
gpg: Quantité totale traitée : 0
$ gpg --import admin@f-droid.org.asc
gpg: impossible d'ouvrir « admin@f-droid.org.asc » : Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
gpg: Quantité totale traitée : 0

the second works :

$ gpg2 --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key 37D2C98789D8311948394E3E41E7044E1DBA2E89
gpg: clef 41E7044E1DBA2E89 : clef publique « F-Droid <admin@f-droid.org> » importée
gpg: Quantité totale traitée : 1
gpg:               importées : 1

Sorry, in french :grinning:

Well that was polite and well worded. On occasion it is nice to see somebody remember that everybody’s new at some point. I tip my hat to you and I’ll try to remember to take a little more edge off than people would generally receive in SOME rooms on XDA or telegram LOL .

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.