F-Droid app issues in DeX / Android desktop mode #2

I’ve got a screenshot I was asked for in https://forum.f-droid.org/t/f-droid-app-issues-in-dex-android-desktop-mode/8243 but that topic is unfortunately already closed.
So here’s the picture:

2 Likes

@hans @Bubu can you check support Samsung DeX Dual Mode (version >= 3.0) (cc608aa2) · Commits · termapps / termoneplus · GitLab
also having <meta-data android:name="android.max_aspect" android:value="2.4" /> set in manifest, could help Declare restricted screen support  |  Android Developers ?

1 Like

Pardon me to interrupt, I’m not an Android developer, but looking at the patch it seems it’s all about runtime changes, which is surely useful to improve but the problem is that F-Droid misbehaves even when launched for the first time in desktop mode. Also, I just checked to switch F-Droid to landscape mode in desktop mode (DeX) and it shows slightly even less content. Regards.

1 Like

@mato can you give a try to debug https://gitlab.com/oF2pks/fdroidclient/uploads/be210e1e3723c2c2c4f9d95bfca67435/app-full-debug.apk and report if any misleading screenshots ?

I also update my Lineage browser; can you test official release 1.0-6 (without Dex), then 1.0-7 with Dex and comment ?

1 Like

@oF2pks Hi, I’ve just tried both and …

jQuarks Browser looked okay before and after (versions 1.06 and 1.07). By that I mean the app looks like a standard mobile phone app that has fixed size and supports portrait and landscape modes (there’s a Rotate button in DeX mode, next to Minimise button). The content in the app looks fine, I tested a few pages in both portrait and landscape modes.

F-Droid debug version renders the same way as before – “Links” at the bottom is only partially visible and if expanded then the last line of its submenu is partially visible – both in portrait and landscape modes.

None of them support desktop mode – they cannot be resized. Apps that do support desktop mode have no Rotate button in their window title bar because there’s no need as such apps can be freely resized.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.