Email and cloud storage

I use Proton Mail for email and Mega for cloud storage. Both are highly encrypted, but I’d like to stay aligned with FOSS products. Is there a good open-source email host? What is the best open-source cloud storage solution? Thanks.

Try this for email: K-9 Mail | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

2 Likes

According to a quick websearch Proton Mail is email application and email provider in one.
As @hotlittlewhitedog says k9Mail is a great floss email app. As for a mail provider I recommend riseup which is also recommended by prism-break.
For cloud storage there is nextcloud.

You could check out Tutanota, they say they are fully open source including their Android app although it is not on f-droid.

I use AOSP Email with fastmail.com provider. Zero complains.

check out Tutanota, they say they are fully open source including their Android app

It includes proprietary component—com.google.android.gms:play-services-gcm. So while it’s (partly) open source, it’s not free software. See Tutanota (#504) · Issues · F-Droid / Requests For Packaging · GitLab.

Remember that cloud storage means: leave files on someones computer
Check Prism-Break and PrivacyTools for options.

Mega? Since 2016 Kim Dotcom says he doesn’t trust the site anymore.

You could check out Tutanota, they say they are fully open source including their Android app although it is not on f-droid.

According to their blog Tutanota is rewriting their Android App and intent to distribute it over F-Droid

Source: Committed to Open Source - Tutanota App Will Be Coming to F-Droid

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.