Doubt with Dicio

Good afternoon:

I wanted to ask you a question if I may.

It turns out that a friend who uses Lineageos without any gaps (or Google). I wanted to use an open source voice assistant. And he looked at https://f-droid.org/es/packages/org.dicio.dicio_android/

Download the apk from the link above

But he says that it does not work. It makes some connection to the Internet. Or how it could be used. Does it need something from google, or something?

Or do you know of any other voice assistant. He wants to use it to tell him call so and so.

Best regards and thanks for your help and time.

I believe Dicio downloads its voice model (kinda like a “database” of sounds to recognize) on first launch so I don’t think it works without internet.

Most skills also need internet connectivity, but I don’t think calling would.

I would suggest asking your question in the Dicio chat, they can probably answer you better: GitHub - Stypox/dicio-android: Dicio assistant app for Android

Yes, there is a big green button to download.

No, it works without play services or any google app, that’s why it’s on F-Droid.

1 Like

Good afternoon:

Thank you very much for your help and time.

The truth is that I have been testing it and it goes very well. It cost to set up and download some files and fine.

The only thing I have blocked the connections it makes to the network. I only use it to call to such.

Because it connects to Duck…

A hug

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.