Beta versions in fdroiddata metadata

Hi,

How is the workflow when there are several beta versions before a release? For instance, there’s currently version 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 of an app in the F-Droid repo. Then there’s 1.3-beta1, 1.3-beta2, 1.3-beta3, 1.3-beta4… should the update bot handle those new betas? Wouldn’t the betas then replace the main version?

Or shall I manually create one beta and update it with MR, and let the bot only do the main releases?

2 Likes

Depends, do you want all users to get the betas automatically or just those that enabled “unstable versions” in F-Droid settings?

IF the first, autoupdate to all Tags will just work (if autoupdate works for this app I mean)

If the second, you’d need to come and add each new beta with a new MR, also to tweak autoupdate (if available) to not pickup betas (eg. tag betas as “1.1-beta” and stable as “1.2”, and the Tags entry regex to “only pickup tags that end in a number”)

4 Likes

Thanks, so I’ll tag the betas manually. In the most cases we don’t need the betas on F-Droid, but when there are big changes we’d like to have it there too :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.