Applications icons not visible in F-Droid

Hi there,

Just reporting that Jitsi Meet doesn’t have the app icon visible in F-Droid, which makes it harder to notice, and causes mistrust (at least for me).

Hamish

Yeah, icons are not extracted for many apps. We’d need to ask upstream to carry it maybe.

Hi there,

Just reporting that Fennec doesn’t have the app icon visible in F-Droid, which makes it harder to notice, and causes mistrust (at least for me).

Hamish

Oh, so the app developers need to do something to fix this?

Usually devs have a Fastlane or Triple-T folder structure (no tooling necessary) to cover these.

Could you point me at some documentation for that so I can check for these ones and let them know if needed?

Structure: Fastlane file structure ($1895688) · Snippets · GitLab

Eg.
https://github.com/Ashinch/ReadYou/tree/main/fastlane/metadata/android/en-US/images - > icon.png

I just find icons online for many apps…

Idc if its not the original

Thanks.

How do I find who maintains a package/the packaging repo so I can let them know and give them the link/submit a merge request?

For example with Fennec, the F-Droid page at Fennec F-Droid | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository doesn’t help very much with telling me where the F-Droid packaging is.

@relan @SkewedZeppelin how would this work for Fennec/Mull?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.