Antifeature analytics

Are analytics antifeatures? I imagine since they are privacy-raping they would be.

Yes, it’s the tracking antifeature: https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/Antifeatures

2 Likes

@relan , I’m actually trying to upload a combo ClassyShark/Exodus to perform tracking analysis on apks, installed or not (exception to /system odexed wip) on non-rooted devices: DexClassLoader seems to be a standstill for fdroid

I noticed your comment about it here : add j2me-loader (!2934) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab , can you clarify some on my rfp ClassyShark3xodus to scan trackers , on apk(s): installed or not; DexClassLoader (#759) · Issues · F-Droid / Requests For Packaging · GitLab ?

Pair with any file manager or my latest “re-branded” ApplicationInfo , you can scan any apk, and check synthetic relevant tracking “classes”.

_For testing, both are uploaded & explained on xda **Android Software/Hacking General [Developers Only] | XDA Forums

Hope F-Droid users will try to be active on Exodus side to help for enlarging trackers database : Issues · Exodus-Privacy/exodus · GitHub

As example of use, with paired app_PackagesInfos, you can easily scan analytics in Google ContactsSync, CalendarSync or Playstore; “thankfully” Google stopped including FirebaseAnalytics in “central” Webview.apk in 2018, but they can switch back at anytime.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.