Aard 2 - page not found

Aard 2 appears in search results, screen:

but opening the page results in 404 Page Not Found. Has Aard 2 been removed from the database?

Also, I often experience connectivity problems opening F-Droid pages and downloading apk files via browser/download manager.

0 Likes

First of all, why don’t you use the F-Droid client as expected? You’ll get updates notifications and faster everything. The website is updater later, but Aard2 has been build already: https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/itkach.aard2/lastbuild and you can install it.

0 Likes

@Licaon_Kter

The point is not how I use F-Droid services but that a page once available is not accessible now. I wanted to know why.

0 Likes

There’s only one version of Aard2…so not sure how that was “previously” available?!

0 Likes

I just checked with the F-Droid app, and it looks like Aard2 is a new app that has just been added. So it’s probably this:

0 Likes

@Licaon_Kter

There’s only one version of Aard2…so not sure how that was “previously” available?!

There are many single version apps in the database, several examples (in alphabetical order):

I have seen the now unavailable page, if I knew it would disappear I would have take a screen-shot.

Also, Fossdroid, which, as far as I know, retrieves data from F-Droid, has Aard 2 page accessible.

@Coffee

As I mentioned above the F-Droid Aard 2 page was once available.

0 Likes

I cannot confirm that there was a aard2 web page all the time which disappeared, but aard2 has been on F-Droid for years. I installed it from there via client a long time ago.
Recently I noticed only by accident that a new version is available by looking at the latest tab. There was no update notification and an update wasn’t possible. I had to deinstall the previous and reinstall the new version. So something went wrong with aard2, whatsoever.

0 Likes

There were some versions then they were disabled, and with the metadata rewrite to YAML the newest version was pushed.

0 Likes

@critdroid , you are wrong. Aard2 hasn’t been in F-Droid. You used the version from Google play market or from the github (three same apks). I did the same

0 Likes

The Aard 2 page is back.

0 Likes

Mastodon